I was really excited when I got my assignment for Secret Recipe Club this month. I have been following Heather over at Fit Mama Real Food since before she had her adorable son Hunter. Our little boys are just about a month apart so it’s fun to see how he is growing and changing compared to my little guy and of course, I love seeing her recipes! They are always easy and healthy which is exactly what I’m looking for while trying to wrangle a crawling baby who is more interested in the dog, the outlets and the computer wires than his 1573180 toys!
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce, low-sodium
1 onion, small, diced
2 Tablespoons ketchup
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Season both sides of chicken with lightly with salt and pepper, put into crock pot.
2. In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken.
3. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through.
4. Remove chicken from crock pot, leave sauce. Whisk in the cornstarch to combine with sauce. Replace lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until slightly thickened.
5. Cut chicken into bite size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over jasmine or brown rice (not included in nutritional info). Serves 4.
Taste Test: Easy and super delicious! This is one recipe that I am saving for a quick and healthy weeknight meal!