Last night I wasn’t feeling well and my throat was hurting. We were sitting on the couch when all the sudden the husband said he wanted to go for a bike ride. So, I decided to get some fresh air and take Keenan for a walk while he was out riding. Later on our walk, husband rides up with a bag in his hand. He had gotten me peanut butter chocolate frozen yogurt. What a sweetie! He also knows me well. Clearly I’m in love with the chocolate peanut butter combo!
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
Adapted from Daily Garnish
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup cane sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon ground flax (+ 3 tbsp water)
1 1/4 cups almond milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, and cane sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a small bowl, combine the ground flax with 3 Tbsp water to create a “flax egg” – allow the mixture to sit to the side for a few minutes until thickened.
3. In another bowl, combine almond milk, peanut butter, vanilla, and canola oil and whisk.
4. Add the “flax egg” to the wet ingredients, and then mix wet into dry. Stir until combined, and be careful to not over-mix. Once the flour is all incorporated, gently fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips – YUM!
5. Spoon the batter into a greased muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins. 1 per serving.
Taste Test: These muffins were so moist! Even days after I made them. I even had to put them in the fridge when it was hot one day because they were so moist! They were just delicious!