Look what popped up in my garden this weekend.
Only home grown tomatoes have that imperfect look. I’ll take it – they are always more delicious than the perfect looking store bought ones!
Tomato recipes are coming your way!
Spicy Black Bean Burgers
Adapted from Eat Live Run
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tablespoon ground flax + 3 Tablespoon water
2 cloves garlic
3 Tablespoon tomato sauce
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
2 teaspoon cumin
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup corn (fresh or frozen and defrosted)
1 avocado, for topping
1. Seed and roughly chop jalapeno. Add it and the garlic cloves to a food processor (or high speed blender) and mince finely.
2. Add one can of beans to the jalapeno/garlic mixture and pulse to combine. Add cumin and salt and pulse until mixture resembles chunky black bean dip.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the ground flax and water. Let sit for five minutes.
4. Transfer the mixture in the food processor to a large bowl and stir in the bread crumbs, tomato sauce, flax and corn. Stir well until everything is combined. Add remaining black beans.
5. Spray a skillet with non-stick spray and heat on medium high heat. Form black bean mixture into patties and fry for about 4 minutes per side, until golden and crusty brown.
6. Serve burgers with avocado slices, sriracha and ketchup. Makes 6 burgers. 1 burger per serving.
Taste Test: Absolutely delicious! My husband scarfed down three of these bad boys!