1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Add sugar, honey, and applesauce to bowl and beat until well combined.
2. In a cup, combine milk with the apple cider vinegar and add into bowl to combine.
3. Add the vanilla and mashed bananas to the bowl to combine all wet ingredients together.
4. In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients – whole wheat flour, rolled oats, baking soda, spices, and salt.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined.
6. Grease a loaf pan and spoon in batter evenly. Sprinkle a few oats on top and bake for 55 minutes on 350 degrees. Slice and serve! Serves 12.
Nutrition Notes: Honey is naturally sweet and a perfect item to add when you’re trying to sweeten up a recipe without adding extra white sugar! This recipe can also be made vegan by using soy of almond milk in place of cows milk!
Taste Test: Moist and delicious! I had this for breakfast for a week! It would also make a great dessert.
I’m really excited to go! The sessions and sponsers look amazing and it will actually be my very first food blogger conference! Mosre details to come!
Enjoy these other recipes made with honey or maple syrup!