2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon ground flax
1/3 cup canola oil
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 over-ripe bananas
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat over to 325 degrees.
2. Spray a 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
3. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together to sift.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients except the bananas. Combine wet with dry ingredients. Mix with electric mixer.
5. Slowly work in bananas. Blend just until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
6. Bake for about 1 hour or until golden brown on the top. After an hour insert toothpick into middle of cake. If toothpick comes out wet, bake for additional 15 minutes until done. Let cool and slice into 8 square. Serves 8.
Nutrition Notes: Flax, applesauce, whole wheat flour! It packs heart healthy fats and one of the healthiest foods you can eat – blueberries!
Taste Test: This cake is amazing. Moist blueberry goodness. Wholesome Husband and I have been having a piece for breakfast this week! It’s prefect with your morning cup of coffee!