Someone was helping me husk corn.
He was helping me make these fabulous tacos.
Shrimp Tacos with Grilled Poblano and Avocado Salsa
Adapted from Eat Live Run
1 ear corn, husked
6 scallions, white and light green parts only (about 5 inches)
1 poblano chile
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 large avocado
1 small bunch cilantro, minced
juice of two small limes
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 lb shrimp
1 teaspoon chili powder
6 corn tortillas
1. Heat your grill up to medium high.
2. Brush corn and poblano chile pepper with olive oil and place on grill. You want everything to have a nice char to it—to chile should be black and the corn and onion should be charred. This will take about five minutes, flipping occasionally with tongs.
3. When done, remove veggies from grill and let cool on a plate. When cool, peel the now black skin off the pepper, remove the seeds and chop into small dice. Run your knife down the corn to remove the kernels from the cob and place into a bowl with the pepper. Chop green onion and place into bowl as well.
4. Add chopped avocado, cherry tomatoes and cilantro to the bowl and add lime juice and salt. Season to taste and set aside while you prepare the shrimp.
5. Wash and devein shrimp if necessary. Add chili powder on top and then grill only a few minutes until pink. Be careful because shrimp cook extremely quickly!
When done, place into tortillas, top with salsa and eat immediately. Serves 3.
Taste Test: Holy moly. These were unbelievable! Do yourself a favor and make them this weekend!
Speaking of the weekend, Wholesome Husband and I are doing a L.A.T.E. night bike ride in Chicago – a 25 mile bike ride through the neighborhoods of the city that starts at 1am. Should be fun! I hope I stay awake!!
Have a great weekend!