My bud Patti and I are leaving for Mexico this morning for a long overdue girls trip in the sun and on the beach!
For the next couple of days – I will have some recipes scheduled to post and depending on my internet connection I might be able to stop and say hi!
Adapted from All Recipes
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 slices thinly sliced prosciutto
4 sage leaves
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup white wine
2 slices provolone cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Take each chicken breast and cut in half lengthwise to make 4 pieces. Add salt and pepper to the chicken breasts and place prosciutto slices and the sage leaf in between the two chicken breasts and fasten with toothpicks.
2. Add olive oil to a skillet over medium high heat and fry chicken for 5 to 7 minutes, or until almost cooked through (juices run clear). Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
3. Add onion and garlic to the same pan and sauté until transparent.
4. Add chicken back to pan and pour in the wine, allowing it to almost evaporate.
5. Place 1 cheese slice over each chicken breast and cover skillet. Cook until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. Serves 2.
Taste Test: When we go out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Wholesome Husband always orders this dish. It’s loaded with a cream sauce and served over buttery potatoes. But my version is much healthier and just as good!