June 10, 2013 by erinRD
Judee was my Secret Recipe Club pick for June and she runs a Gluten Free Blog called Gluten Free A-Z. I had only made one other gluten free dessert before for a coworker’s baby shower so I was excited to try this recipe out! Strawberries are so delicious right now
As soon as I saw these on Judee’s blog – I knew I had to try them. They looked so simple and delicious. I have been enjoying one with my coffee in the morning!
Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins
2 1/2 cups of oat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 cup purred fresh strawberries
1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl.
3. Slowly with a spoon, mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
4. Spoon bater into muffin tin half way up, add a Tablespoon of strawberry puree and fill the batter until muffin is 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until muffins are done.
Makes 12 muffins.
Did you know?
Gluten is a protein that can be found in wheat, barley, rye, and some other grains. About 1% of Americans cannot eat foods that contain gluten, and it seems as though this number is on the rise. When these people eat foods that have gluten, their immune systems respond by damaging the lining of the small intestine. This is called celiac disease. Most nutrients are absorbed in the small intestine so this can cause nutrient deficiencies.
Taste Test: I knew I would love them and I did! So fluffy and moist – so easy to make – so yummy – so healthy!
Category Cupcake, Dessert, Muffin | Tags: dessert,gluten free,jelly,muffins,raspberry,strawberry | 12 Comments
January 8, 2013 by erinRD
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen
Banana, Peanut Butter & Honey Muffins
- 1½ cup all- purpose flour
- ½ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoons Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup flaxseed, ground
- 2 whole Ripe Bananas, Mashed
- ⅔ cups Greek yogurt
- 1 whole Large Egg, Lightly Beaten
- ¼ cups Water
- ⅓ cups Creamy Peanut Butter
- ⅓ cups Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- ¼ teaspoons Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a 12-cup standard muffin pan with baking cups then coat baking cups with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Combine banana, yogurt, egg, water, peanut butter, honey and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk to combine. Add this wet mixture into the well that you made in the center of the flour mixture and stir just until combined. The batter will be thick.
- Fill each baking cup ¾ full of batter. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let muffins cool in pan set on a wire rack for 2 minutes before removing them from the pan to serve warm or cool completely. Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days. Makes 18 muffins
Category Breakfast, Cupcake, Dessert, Muffin | Tags: | 1 Comment