Adapted from Gina’s Skinny Recipes
1 lb lean boneless pork sirloin roast
kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
Non-stick oil spray
1 cup low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
pinch red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
3 cloves crushed garlic
1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger root
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup carrots, shredded
1 cup baby spinach
1 box Soba noodles
1/4 cup chopped scallions
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 Tablespoons Sesame seeds
1. Season pork on all side with salt and fresh cracked pepper. Heat a skillet on medium-high heat, spray with a little oil and brown the pork on all sides for about 7 – 8 minutes.
2. In the crock pot, combine the broth, soy sauce, balsamic, sugar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, spices, garlic and ginger; add the pork and set the slow cooker to 8 hours on low.
3. Thirty minutes before the timer goes off, remove the pork and set aside to rest a few minutes; add the mushrooms and carrots to the crock pot, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, shred the pork using two forks.
5. Add the shredded pork to the crock pot and mix well. If adding baby spinach, add at the end and cover a few minutes until it wilts. Garnish with toppings. Serves 6.
Taste Test: So delicious! The meat was so tender and juicy! Wholesome Husband made a comment that we eat a lot of Asian and Mexican food – nothing wrong with that! He also thought this was one of the best crockpot recipes that I’ve made!
I tried these new crock pot liners. This box was about $1.50 for 4 liners. They really make clean up easy! Love it!
Enjoy and Happy Weekend!!